Re: Last call comments from CDT

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:13:41 +0100
To: John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org>
Cc: public-geolocation@w3.org
Hi John,

Thank you very much for your comments. As part of the Last Call review
process, the working group will formally address all the issues you
have raised. Meanwhile, I would like to clarify some of the statements
you made in the paragraph below:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:29 AM, John Morris<jmorris@cdt.org> wrote:

> Moreover, Apple used the popularity of
> the iPhone as a threat against the API. Apple suggested that if the API were
> to differ from Apple’s existing geolocation implementation, users of the API
> would suffer from the discrepancy, and conversely that the group’s decision
> to match the API to Apple’s implementation would lend particular credence to
> the API.[14]

As the editor of the Geolocation API specification, I would like to
state that I have never perceived any comments made by Apple to be
threatening in any way. On the contrary, the current text of the Last
Call Working Draft reflects the consensus reached after discussions on
our mailing list. I am confident that the spec, as it stands today,
has not been unduly influenced by any one party.