Re: PositionError Requests

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 03:21:15 +0000
To: "Doug Turner" <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Cc: "Chris Butler" <cbutler@dash.net>, "Greg Bolsinga" <bolsinga@apple.com>, olli@pettay.fi, public-geolocation@w3.org

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the defs., i do not see much of a difference between
> PROVIDER_ERROR and NOT_FOUND (NOT_FOUND is just a special case of
> PROVIDER_ERROR).

Hmm, I think the difference between the two is more significant in the
case of of a network-based provider: PROVIDER_ERROR would mean that
the provider is not functioning correctly (the server is down, the
client can't reach the network, etc), while NOT_FOUND would mean that
everything is working fine, it's just that the server doesn't have
enough data to tell where the client is. But I agree that maybe this
is still not enough to warrant two separate error codes.