From: public-geolocation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-geolocation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Turner
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:09 AM
To: Thomson, Martin
Cc: Jon Ferraiolo; Andrei Popescu; public-geolocation
Subject: Re: wording for the privacy section

Hi Martin,

I think that the UA is in the best position to to make decisions about
the privacy of their users.  It is hard to define what the UX should be
across varying applications and I believe this work is outside our
scope.

Could you elaborate on how the current specification is not providing
adequate privacy and security considerations? What can we do to mitigate
the risks you see?

Also, do we want to point out that transport should also be identified
as a means that will leak geolocation data?

Doug