Re: Drop lastPosition from Geolocation?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think just using getCurrentPosition, with the modifiedSince option, is
> going to make you js code a bunch simpler -- you will only have one code
> path.

First of all, we don't need 'modifiedSince', right? We already have
the timestamp property on the Position interface.

The way I interpret what you are suggesting is that we get rid of
lastKnownPosition and leave it up to the UA to cache positions across
applications as it sees fit. In that world, I would see vendors
caching very conservatively (on the order of a few seconds).

- a