Re: Moving the Geolocation API to First Public Working Draft

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Lars Erik, Angel,
>
> I would like to ask for your permission to transition the current
> Geolocation API Editor's Draft at
>
> http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html
>
> to a First Public Working Draft. I have run the existing Editor's
> Draft through the W3C postprocessor at
>
> http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/bin/postprocess-url
>
> and uploaded the result to
>
> http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/Overview.html
>
> Also, I'd like to request Matt Womer's help to make the above document
> pubrules compliant.
>
> Many thanks,
> Andrei

Andrei,

Let's aim for Tuesday or Wednesday next week for the publication of the
first working draft, once we've had the phone conference with the
GEOPRIV representatives.
We're trying to get that set up for Monday.

For the first working draft, we need to add some wording to the
"Security and privacy considerations" stating that these issues are
still being discussed, and that the spec could potentially change in
later versions. Red boxing, red letters, with a link to the ongoing
discussion on the public mailing list.
We should also add some similar statement to the spec for reverse
geocoding, which is also a current topic of discussion and something
that could potentially be added to the spec at some later point. If you
could put some wording into the spec to this effect that would be great.

Thanks,
Lars Erik