Re: Finalization of auto.schema.org review process [via Automotive Ontology Community Group]

From: Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:02:33 +0100
To: public-gao@w3.org
Dear all:

For the public records, here is what I discussed with Mirek informally:

When including QuantitativeValue in the range of

    http://auto.schema.org/emissionsCO2

there is a problem that there exists no UN/CEFACT Common Code for g/km. We could use the code for "mg/m", which would be formally equivalent, but this is hard to find and also from a different context.

Thus, I recommend to use g/km as a value for https://schema.org/unitText and indicate that in the description of the property emissionsCO2, like so

"When used in combination with a QuantitativeValue, put "g/km" into the unitText property of that value, since there is no UN/CEFACT Common Code for "g/km"."

Keep in mind that the quotation marks must be escaped in the RDFa source code.

We must also not forget to remove the text "This should be considered a pre-final preview release; final changes may be made after wider community review." from the extension home page.

Best

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp