Re: Gaming on the Web - breakout session at TPAC

Hi François,

Not at TPAC either, but still interested with this topic. However, unlike
others, I'm not really interested in most advanced technologies you
mentioned.

I developed a game using SVG and SMIL a few years ago ( https://esviji.app/
), and despite not maintaining it the last few years, I still plan to do so
in the future.

Unfortunately, SMIL has been deprecated in Chrome, and will never come in
Edge, so I have to find another solution, but Web Animations don't seem to
be ready.

When reading alsmost any source about Web based games, I used to see only
Canvas based solutions, and now WebAssembly and others you mention, but
"low tech" games made with plain old HTML or SVG (great for responsive UI)
don't seem to get any attention, which I find really sad.

I'm not sure this message will help anything, but at least I express my
concern… ;-)

-Nicolas

--
Nicolas Hoizey