RE: GDC Presentation on latest open web tech for games

+10,000

From: pbakaus@zynga.com
To: robhawkes@mozilla.com
CC: scheib@google.com; public-games@w3.org
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:13:21 +0000
Subject: Re: GDC Presentation on latest open web tech for games

Fair point. Your idea might work equally well. A strong game studio working together with all browser vendors to develop an incredibly sophisticated console quality game. Some thoughts:

it will take considerably longer to implement due to discussion and implementation with multiple vendors, => thus larger on budgetmight be interesting if each browser vendor contributes one strong dev to actively work on the gameAs the game will be cutting edge, it will not be available for a large mainstream audience at launch, so there has to be other incentives for the participating game studio
All in all: Apple, Microsoft, Google, Mozilla and Opera each send one dev, game studio contributes 4 other devs + art/design/management. Strong focus on cutting edge features, browser vendors commit to help with experimental features and builds. Must work
 together to deliver a console-quality game and the right specs for others to deliver the same games in the near future.

This could be fun :)