Re: [fxtf-drafts] [motion-1] Serialization of offset-rotate (#340)

From: Eric Willigers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 09:20:10 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
The `reverse` is motivated by SMIL [animateMotion rotate](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#RotateAttribute).
Otherwise, I don't think it would have been included.

If we have animation from `auto 20deg` to `reverse -60deg`,
should this flip at 50% progress or should animation be smooth?
If smooth, should the computed value at 60% progress be `auto 80deg`
or `reverse -100deg`? Smooth animation is most useful, but note that we
don't usually (ever?) have smooth animation when a keyword in the
computed value changes between keyframes.

The spec answers these questions by normalizing all
computed values to `auto? <angle>`:
"Computed value: computed \<angle\> value, optionally preceded by auto".

We have smooth animation, with `auto 80deg` at 60% progress.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ewilligers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/340#issuecomment-495983120 using your GitHub account