Re: [fxtf-drafts] [geometry] DOMMatrix constructor is a performance and code portability footgun (#346)

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:33:30 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
The goal was to reduce WebIDL overloads.

That said, if people do `new DOMMatrix(new DOMMatrix())` (or variants), then I think it makes sense to add a `DOMMatrixReadOnly` overload. The only problem I think would be reduced consistency with other geometry APIs, but as you point out the current setup is a bit problematic.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zcorpan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/346#issuecomment-503213278 using your GitHub account