Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-masking-1] Remove requirement to support 'clip' property

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 23:14:35 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@ewilligers

This issue is about the definition of `clip` in the [CSS Masking spec](https://drafts.fxtf.org/css-masking-1/#clip-property), which currently says:

However, I agree we should remove it from the [SVG 2 required properties list](https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/styling.html#RequiredProperties), so that if a future level of the Masking spec decides to move it from deprecated to obsolete, there are no conflicting instructions in the SVG spec!  Also: any browser that supports SVG is going to support `clip-path`, and the accessibility use-cases are mostly about handling HTML content with good backwards browser compatibility.

Do you want to make a [separate issue/PR on SVG](https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues)?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/248#issuecomment-402570481 using your GitHub account