Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-masking-1] Remove requirement to support 'clip' property

From: Eric Willigers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 21:35:39 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> But as @mstange pointed out, there are obviously still some big pages using it, so there's no possibility yet to remove the requirement to support it, unfortunately.

I don't think "some big pages use it" implies "SVG 2 must normatively require support". clip has been deprecated since at least 2014. If we omit clip from the required properties list, implementations will be free to drop support as usage drops. Otherwise we are overriding the deprecation.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ewilligers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/248#issuecomment-402562415 using your GitHub account