Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects] Browsers don't match spec for feDisplacementMap

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 18:26:55 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> So your observation that for 0 alpha all implementations are operating on transparent black makes sense unless filter-effects would require to preserve the unpremultiplied color values of the input image which it currently doesn't. It just operates on un-premultiplied color values which means an implementation needs to convert premultiplied color values back to unpremultiplied color values.

That is consistent with other problems I've discovered with feTurbulence output.
 Because browsers ignore the color channel of feTurbulence when alpha is zero, you end up with black patches where you lose all the random data from the other channels, no matter how much you try to manipulate the image later.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/113#issuecomment-354618002 using your GitHub account