Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects] Browsers don't match spec for feDisplacementMap

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 23:12:59 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
So, basically there are 2 distinct issues here:

-  Should implementations preserve color values of transparent pixels for filter primitive results? I've separated this out as #243

- Why are browsers using non-linear and inconsistent conversions between color channel value and displacement (when `color-interpolation-filters` is the default `linearRBG`)?  Is there any benefit in spec'ing the most common implementation? Otherwise, how can the text be clarified so that we can converge on consistent behavior?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/113#issuecomment-354627501 using your GitHub account