Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects] Clarify the colour spaces used

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 22:19:20 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@debarshiray Note that there is a difference between filter functions and filter primitives. The former are functions used like `filter: blur(2px)` and always operate in `sRGB` regardless of the settings in `color-interpolation-filters` CSS property. The latter are used within a `&lt;filter>` element and do respect the `color-interpolation-filters` CSS property.

The note about `feTurbulence` in the `color-interpolation-filters` seems indeed to be a mistake and I removed that primitive. I also clarified the normative text for filter functions and how they relate to the specified values of `color-interpolation-filters`.

Closing the issue as fixed. If you think the changes are not satisfying feel free to reopen the issue.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/127#issuecomment-354571564 using your GitHub account