Re: [css-transforms] CSS3D breaks with opacity flattening

Rik,

What is the exact effect you are trying to achieve?

If I break the rule of markup changes I can achieve this, which is to wrap
it into a sub-scene to target the composited render-to-texture layer:
https://jsfiddle.net/acp4vk5u/

Thus, the wheels are properly occluded etc.

Or is there a demo of more sophisticated 3D scene graph and how it
interacts with other 3D surfaces that are problematic?

--

My own proposal would be to have preserve-3d manipulate sub-scene
perspective layers to be in the same coordinate system, as I would expect

Additional feature could be being able to enable depth-testing against the
impostors depth scene.

Regards,

Martin Pitt