Re: [web-animations] Do we need to store original timing values when they are invalid?

On 2015/11/26 8:36, Brian Birtles wrote:
> If that's the case, maybe the original example should preserve
> "iterations = -1" for consistency and authors just need to be careful to
> always query getComputedTiming() if they want sensible results?

And just to argue the opposite side, if we introduce a new fill mode,
say, "animation-end", implementations that don't support it will throw
an exception due to WebIDL's handling of enums. So we're not going to be
able to avoid exceptions altogether. (Even if we redefine enums as
DOMStrings etc. we'll still have trouble if we later extend a double
member to be (double or DOMString) etc.)

So, you could argue that throwing an exception for { iterations: -1 } is
consistent with that.

I'm really not sure which is best but I'm leaning towards the currently
specified behavior.

Best regards,

Brian