Re: [web-animations] Updating the finished promise in a separate task

On 2015/07/01 8:41, Brian Birtles wrote:
> I'm not really sure what's best:
>
> a) Be consistently synchronous and force authors to be careful about the
> order in which they perform operations;
>
> b) Be consistently asynchronous and possibly produce some surprising
> results where calling cancel() and finish() produce no effect at all; or
>
> c) Try to make cancel() and finish() act more intuitively at the cost of
> introducing inconsistency.
>
> I started to spec (b) but then I brought up (c). Now I'm wondering if we
> should just go back to (a).

After discussing this with Doug and Shane on IRC, we decided to go ahead
with (c) for the time being. If that proves problematic we should be
able to switch to (a) fairly easily.

Animation finish/cancel events are now included in the latest ED.

Best regards,

Brian