Re: [web-animations] Ordering animations based on when they transition from idle

From: Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 06:10:47 +0000
To: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> I guess either you're suggesting:
>
> a) Updating animation properties triggers a global sequence number
>     rewrite (I hope this isn't the case), or
>
> b) Script-animations and CSS animations share the same source of
>     sequence numbers but when we come to prioritize animations we
>     don't use them for prioritizing CSS animations (or at least we
>     *first* sort by script vs CSS, then by document order, then
>     finally by animation-name order which happens to match sequence
>     number order).
>
> I'm pretty sure you're suggesting (b) but I want to be sure.

Yup. What I had expressed it as was:
"CSS animations use sequence number as priority, and are created in tree-
and list- order. CSS Animations are still prioritized absolutely above
script animations (there are two lists). "

> I think I was confused because at one point you suggested that the
> prioritization we do for CSS animations and transitions could be
> expressed using sequence numbers.

Internally to them only - not in comparison with script animations.

Cheers,
    -Shane