Re: Should filters on the root element affect the entire canvas?

On 2/10/15 6:13 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Please suggest better wording, but the intent is that the "canvas
> color" defined here is a final underlying layer underneath everything
> else, which solely provides a final compositing step to ensure the
> page is opaque, and is not accessible to any other bit of CSS
> functionality.

OK.  So it sounds like we need two separate concepts:

1)  This fallback canvas color that everything is composited on top of.
  I agree that this should not be affected by filters.

2)  The "canvas background", which comes from either the root element or
the <body>.  This should possibly be affected by filters on the root
element (and the <body>?  Would really rather not go there).

-Boris