Re: Should filters on the root element affect the entire canvas?

On 2/10/15 10:42 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> 2)  The "canvas background", which comes from either the root element or the
>
> Yup.
>
>> (and the <body>?  Would really rather not go there).
>
> No.  If the <body> background gets promoted to the canvas, oh well, no
> filter on it.  No need to extend the crazy behavior further than
> necessary.

I was talking about 'filter' set on the <body> and whether that should
affect the "canvas background".  Are you suggesting that a 'filter' set
on <html> should affect the "canvas background" when it comes from
implement and more complicated to specify, and it's not clear to me why
it's desirable.

-Boris