Re: [web-animations] animation node start time is redundant

On 2015/02/25 17:07, Aleksei Semenov wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> The specification reads
> https://w3c.github.io/web-animations/#animation-node-start-time
>
>> The start time of an animation node is the moment in inherited
>> timewhen the animation node is scheduled to begin. In the absence of
>> animation groups,the start time is always zero.
>
> Since animation groups are moved to level 2, it is necessary to remove
> reference to them here.
> After that we will have: animation node start time is always zero.
> So start time becomes a constant.
> I think there is not much sense in such constant.
> I suggest to move the start time property to level 2.
>
> In addition I'd like to note, that figure 5
> in chapter '3.6.4. Local time and inherited time'
> ( https://w3c.github.io/web-animations/#local-time-and-inherited-time )
> shows the animation nodes with start time equal to 1.
> I think, there should not be be such examples in
> the level 1 specification, which define
> animation node start time as 'always zero',

Sorry for the delay. This was a lot of work but should now be done:

https://github.com/w3c/web-animations/commit/5d1141bf16e7b032c0259be4b62b924c4dc92334

https://github.com/w3c/web-animations/commit/09eaa2d32ebbe48dd2e772b7b49d7718a6e63896

Best regards,

Brian