Re: [compositing] isolation property should be renamed

On Dec 4, 2014, at 8:15 PM, Philip Rogers <pdr@chromium.org> wrote:

> I would argue it is the best time to change this name, as the feature has not yet gained popularity.
>
> The blend- prefix Erik suggested sounds great to me, and it solves the issue of stomping on generic CSS keywords that could affect other specs.

If renaming would be an option (and I would really like to hear feedback from WebKit and Gecko which are affected by that), then ‘blend-‘ doesn’t seem to be the right option for reasons that I explained in my previous mail. The ‘mix-‘ prefix was introduced for combining compositing and blending later and to align both in a potential shorthand property ‘mix'.

Greetings,
Dirk