Re: Temporary removal of animations

From: Jonathan Moore <moore@eds.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:13:33 -0800
To: Shane Stephens <shans@google.com>
Cc: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Shane Stephens <shans@google.com> wrote:

> In contrast, when the currentTime is set, this immediately resolves the
> animation state to a known correct set of values. Hence no promise is
> needed to delay resolution.

One thing that I thought was a little strange related to this in the last
 file I sent is that if during an animation you do:

  var bounds1 = box.getBoundingClientRect( ) ;
  var now = player.currentTime ;
  player.currentTime = 100000000 ;
  player.currentTime = now ;
  var bounds2 = box.getBoundingClientRect( ) ;

The values of bounds2 will not be the same as bounds1. I assume that that
is because player.currentTime progresses even between frames. I wonder if
it should only be update each time a frame is drawn? I see that would be
complicated to get right but it would be less surprising.

-Jonathan