Re: [filter-effects] resolution dependent filter primitives

On 27 August 2013 20:42, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> Again, it is extremely hard to determine the right scale level for the
> horizontal and vertical axis...

As someone who is implementing filter support in my renderer at the moment,
I can concur with this :)

It would be helpful if the spec gave some guidance on best practice for
determining an appropriate size for the filter bitmap.  By "filter bitmap"
I mean the intermediate bitmap used for SourceGraphic etc.  For axis
aligned content it is easy, but if the element has a transform, it is not
so straightforward.  In fact I notice that IE doesn't even try. It performs
all filters on the transformed content and doesn't use
user-coordinate-space.

Paul