Re: [filter-effects] Color clamping of intermediate filter primitive results

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Michael Mullany <michael@sencha.com>wrote:

> However, it might start confusing people if they start getting different
> results depending on the order of the CSS filters (aka if they put the drop
> shadow at the end vs. the middle of a series.)  I don't think order
> dependency is something that's found anywhere else in CSS (although I could
> be wrong.)

Order matters in CSS transforms, e.g.

  transform: translateX(20px) rotateZ(45deg);

is different from

  transform: rotateZ(45deg) translateX(20px);

I think if people are messing around with this kind of operator, they're
prepared to get into the concept of commutativity.  (Obviously, they
shouldn't get different behavior depending on implementation, but I don't
think that was your point.)

- Kris