W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-fx@w3.org > October to December 2011

Re: Where should editorial resources on transforms go?

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:20:31 -0800
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CAFE7E74.24D60%vhardy@adobe.com>
From: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org<mailto:dbaron@dbaron.org>>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:13:02 -0800
To: Adobe Systems <vhardy@adobe.com<mailto:vhardy@adobe.com>>
Cc: "public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>" <public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Where should editorial resources on transforms go?

On Friday 2011-12-02 12:06 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
On Friday 2011-12-02 11:54 -0800, Vincent Hardy wrote:
> We had that discussion and decided to go for a consolidated spec.
> Unless there are new arguments for re-opening the discussion, I
> think we should stick to our decision.
I was uncomfortable with that decision at the time, and unless
someone can clarify how much delay the plans to merge will have on
the timeline of the specification, I intend to object to it.

I'd also note that when we agreed to work on the merged document:
we agreed that we still might accelerate the 2-D transforms draft.
I'm saying we should do this.

Hi David,

We had a more recent discussion, following Seattle. In the FX meeting in Santa Clara, we resolved the following:

RESOLUTION: We will publish a merged SVG/CSS/2D/3D spec as WD, and
    republish CSS 2D and 3D with a note about the merged spec


This is why I am saying we had a discussion to go ahead with a merged spec and that points were made.

Some people had to attend multiple meetings on FX days, may be that was your case  and you missed that part of the discussion?

Regarding the delay for merging the specifications, it is on my plate. My intention is to start working actively on it starting the week of Dec. 19th. The approach I discussed with Dean and Simon is to merge the 3D parts in what we have, capture all the issues in Bugzilla and work our way through them in conference calls and F2F. If the WG wants to assign a deadline for this to happen, I think that would be a fair.

Received on Friday, 2 December 2011 21:21:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:49:39 UTC