Re: Merging CSS Shaders proposal into Filter Effects

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com> wrote:
> Tab: you mention that more things than the shading language are contentious.
> Can you explain what these contentious issues are?
> Are you referring to the issues raised on the mailing list:
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/wiki/Custom_Filters#Issues_List
> or something else?

I'm specifically referring to the issue of selecting through a vertex
filter, and the security issues with using a fragment shader to
extract information through a timing channel.  Both of these are
unaddressed and probably difficult to deal with, and may take a decent
amount of time to deal with.

> The CSS shaders proposal responds to the feCustom 'question' in the 'Filter
> Effects' specification and it seems more natural to integrate it than keep
> it a separate specification.

Or we can just move the definition of <feCustom> to Shaders.

~TJ