Re: Merging CSS Shaders proposal into Filter Effects

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
> The publication of the first draft of Filter Effects is underway and expected in the next few weeks.
>
> I propose that the CSS Shaders proposal from Adobe, Apple and Opera be merged into the Editor's Draft of the Filters spec. This won't be part of the first officially published draft.
>
> Does anyone have strong objections to this? I expect one contentious part of the spec is the choice of shading language, but I think that's been called out.

I object to this.  Shaders is way more contentious than just that
issue, and I'd prefer not to slow down Filters (which are generally
okay) by pulling in something with serious security concerns still.
(Note: I love Shaders and want them to proceed.)

~TJ