Re: [3d-transforms] Behavior of intersecting layers with transform-style: preserve-3d is undefined and inconsistent across implementations

On Oct 7, 2011, at 7:48 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:

> I don't know if this belongs in a separate thread but even before intersection we need to spec how things get sorted. Mid point?, front most point?, back most point?, local origin?
>
> Here's an example of just sorting where Chrome and Safari don't currently match
>
> http://greggman.com/downloads/examples/3d-css-sorting-issue.html
>
> Screenshots if you don't want to run another browser
>
> http://greggman.com/downloads/examples/3d-css-sorting-issue-chrome.png
> http://greggman.com/downloads/examples/3d-css-sorting-issue-safari.png

In this testcase #over should render on top, even in the absence of 3D transforms. It would do so with just the position:absolute. The z-index is extra insurance. Chrome's rendering is obviously incorrect.

Simon