Re: [css shaders] comment on grid dimensions

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com<mailto:dino@apple.com>>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:48:00 -0700
To: Adobe Systems <vhardy@adobe.com<mailto:vhardy@adobe.com>>
Cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>>, FX <public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [css shaders] comment on grid dimensions

On 05/10/2011, at 10:46 AM, Vincent Hardy wrote:

So you are thinking of a way for the shader source to contain the mesh size it wants. In the examples we worked on, the mesh size depends on what the shader does and the resolution (pushed to the extreme, on a 1x1 image, we would not need more vertices). So if we put this in the shader itself, then it may have to be a function of the input size.

May be we could balance this with a shader having a default mesh size and the author having the ability to override the default?

Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Dean

Hi Dean,

ok, I added a second issue with this proposal.

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/wiki/Custom_Filters#Issues_List

Cheers,
Vincent