Re: [css3-images] Defining SVG paint servers as a CSS <image>

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> In that case, do you allow a url in element(), or can it only refer to
>> inline SVG?
>
> It can be any URI. If it's not the local document, we treat it as an
> external SVG resource like other SVG properties with URI values.

Hmm, then.  I was assuming that the #id argument was like a selector,
not a url.  That matched up with how I'd like a future extension to
the function to look (when <element-reference> is used as more than
just a type of <image>).  Allowing it to be a url changes things a
bit.

I think I can get it in while keeping the meaning I want, by forcing
urls to be quoted strings.  I already force this in image(), because
the grammar for unquoted-url() is just silly.

~TJ