Re: Some filter effects specification review comments

Hi Robert,

On 6/22/11 7:07 AM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>On 6/20/11 2:09 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
>>Do you have any specific use-cases in mind where hit-testing would need
>>to be modified for the effects of a complex filter?
>

>An extreme case would be a filter that totally wipes out rendering
>(feFlood for example). Another one would be feGaussianBlur where it is not
>clear (so to speak) what the actual hit would be if we do not do anything
>about it. feOffset is another one that could get really confusing because
>of how close the rendering is to what it was before filtering.
>

>Those aren't really use-cases yet. What are situations where authors
>would be using filters like that and expecting hit-test correction to
>happen?

If you have text or other objects that are meant to be selectable but
subject to one of the filters I mentioned (feDisplacementMap would be
another one), then, as a user, I think I would expect hit testing to
account for the filter.

Vincent