Re: Aspect ratios in SVG: Numbers or integers?

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser@apple.com> wrote:
> We have aspect-ratio in media queries:
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-mediaqueries/#aspect-ratio>
>
> It would be nice if there were some consistency.

Right, I definitely support allowing a single number defining the
ratio, just as MQ does, precisely for consistency on that front.  But
it's not very easy to use - I don't think most authors will
intuitively recognize that 1.77 corresponds to 16:9 - so I'd also like
a two-number version.  The question is just if we only need integers,
or if we need numbers for intellectual-compat.

~TJ