Re: Transitions of CSS images, including transitions of gradients.

On Monday, April 19, 2010, 8:56:29 PM, David wrote:

LDB> It would be interesting to see if there are important use cases that
LDB> can be handled by (1) or (2) that don't work with (3).  (One that's
LDB> been mentioned is widening or narrowing a gradient.  Is this
LDB> important?)

Animating the position of the gradient stops in a gradient (so that portions of the gradient bunch up or spread apart) is a common effect in SVG. I assume it would therefore be a desirable effect in CSS too.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG