Re: Some remaining action items

John,

Thanks for the feedback.

The "other" MIP functions have a better chance of success if they state not
> just that they return the value of the MIP, but that they set up a
> computational dependency on the MIPs as if they were "shadow" instance
> data.  This would ensure that calculations which invoke MIP functions run
> after all calculations that may update the values of the MIPs.

It does make sense of course, but we won't get this far for XForms 2.0 I
fear! We had already resolved to support plain MIP functions, which already
have utility in particular in the view and in actions.

Currently, we say that using these functions on binds *should* raise
exceptions, and explain why using them this way is dangerous.

> Validity is a little harder because it includes validity information that
> is only evaluated after recalculate, i.e. during revalidate.

Yes this is harder, and to get there the processing model might even need
to get rid of the current recalculate/revalidate split.

> Also, for this reason, it would be helpful to have a required() function
> and a constraint() functions that return the consolidated results of the
> required attributes and constraint attributes, respectively. In other
> words, the required MIP and constraint MIP consolidate the attributes, as
> already specified, and the functions just A) return the value of the MIP,
> and B) set up a dependency on the MIP value.

In addition type information also contributes to the validity of a node.

-Erik