Re: The XForms Dialog Module

Nick,

It seems that these can have resolutions easily. Here is my proposal.

- xf:show/xf:hide and xforms-dialog-shown/xforms-dialog-hidden events
- xf:open/xf:close actions and xforms-dialog-closed/xforms-dialog-opened
events

Here is what other people use:

- show'hide: YUI [1], Dojo [2], Bootstrap [3]
- open/close: jQuery UI [4]

Bootstrap has shown/hidden events, I don't know about others.

I'd go with show/hide and shown/hidden.

NOTE: Bootstrap also supports "toggle" as an action on a dialog in addition
to show/hide. It could make sense as we already have this action.

2. Suggested behavior:

- close the dialog if it becomes non-relevant (we can't do much else anyway)
- don't re-open if it becomes relevant (idea: non-relevant controls lose
state information)

-Erik

[1] http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/panel/dialog.html
[2] http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dijit/Dialog.html