From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Klotz, Leigh
Sent: dinsdag 15 juni 2010 20:42
To: John Boyer
Cc: public-forms@w3.org; public-forms-request@w3.org; support xsltforms
Subject: RE: Input bound to boolean node and incremental

This comes up often and we fix it in different ways, without ever saying what we'd like to say.  I recall it was the Mozilla XForms implementation that didn't commit select1 until you tabbed off, and we fixed that with the @incremental='true' default on select1.
But we don't offer any hook in the spec to hang this suggestion.

I believe that in XHTML+XForms, it's important make checkbox act like select1: when you actuate it, it changes the value, and it sounds like you agree that's allowed by the spec.

Unfortunately, with the reading we've got now, that guidance is in the blank space after the period in this sentence:
    When the form control is interactively changed and does not have the incremental="true" setting, no events are required to be dispatched, and thus no order is defined.

I think we need to offer a little more help to XForms processor implementors.

If so, should that go into the upcoming XHTML+XForms integration, where we are free to mention checkboxes, or is there a way we can add a note or a sentence to the XForms 1.1 Rec to make it clearer that it's desirable to have actuatable form controls issue xforms-value-changed more frequently?

Leigh.