RE: Input bound to boolean node and incremental

Hi Leigh,

Actually, the wording in Section 4.6.1 is *very* carefully chosen to
permit the UI control implementation to decide how incremental="false" is
handled.
When not set to incremental="true", events are not required to be
dispatched, which is different from saying that events are not dispatched.

This means that the xsltforms implementation may technically be within
spec, but it is also plain that once a specific UI control is mapped to an
abstract control like xf:input, the UI controls should behave according to
commonly known UX expectations for that kind of control.

So, I think it would reasonable to say that xf:input mapped to input
should set the data node value when the checkbox is clicked.  This would
also be in accord with saying that the user has "activated" the control by
clicking on it or using the keyboard selection mechanism (usually the
space bar). This means of activation recognizes that a checkbox is a
"button-esque" kind of xf:input.  By comparison, a single line textual
input control can be also be "activated" by hitting enter within it, and
the value will change without the input control losing the focus or having
the user navigate away from it.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer, Interactive Web Applications and Documents
IBM Lotus Forms Architect
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: