Re: Parse and serialize function

Nick Van den Bleeken a écrit :

> All,
>

> When moving the xf:parse() function to a separate page (together with
> xf:serialize()) I realized that I should have a look to the XPath 2.1
> functions [1]. And yes, both functions are in the new version of XPath
> and XQuery Functions and Operators 1.1 [2].
>

> So I'm not that sure anymore that we should add those functions to our
> spec. Maybe we could create a section that explains how an XForms
> implementation that has an XPath 1.0 processor could/should implement
> the functions from the XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators 1.0
> and 1.1 (there would be limitations but I think this could be a step
> stone from XPath 1.0 to XPath 2.0.

Because XForms 1.1 specifications already add their own functions, I'm
convinced implementations cannot be based on pure native XPath 1.0
engine but on a their own engine (as XSLTForms) or on an XPath 2.0 engine.

Adding XPath 1.1 or XPath 2.0 functions shouldn't be difficult at all
(this has to be done with Javascript for XSLTForms) and I also consider
this as a step stone to XPath 2.0 full support.

Regards,

-Alain