RE: Minimal content model for xf:group and text

Even if we have already decided this in the past for group, repeat, and case and it is just test suite issue, we still have a problem with label, which doesn't allow text in the XSD schema.

________________________________

From: John Boyer [mailto:boyerj@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 2:28 PM
To: Klotz, Leigh
Cc: Owen Newnan; Forms WG
Subject: Re: Minimal content model for xf:group and text

Hi Leigh,

We have already fixed a number of other tests in which the test author forgot to put a surrounding label on the text, and 4.6.3.a should be similarly fixed (The test as currently written would need such a feature, but the test does not require mixed content for what it is testing.)

It is better to leave the presentation of text as part of the overall enhancement to container control content models that may optionally be performed by host languages.  For example, we would like to see ODF improved in the future to include XForms form controls, not just the XForms model, but in ODF the text and form controls are at different layers, so there would be an indirection involved in connecting them.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Lotus Forms
IBM Victoria Software Lab