Re: Implementors please read: poll about select1 and empty values

On 12/09/2010 08:40 AM, John Boyer wrote:

> As for answering the implementers poll, the IBM Forms product
> implements the ability of a select1 control to choose an item whose
> value is empty.  The emptiness is transmitted to the data node to
> which the select1 is bound.  If that data node is required, then the
> form control reverts to a display state that indicates the user must
> make a choice.

John,
Does this mean that IBM Forms allows the first item below to be
selected, and conversely selects that item if the bound data node is the
empty string?  That's what my test was intended to find out, and what I
believe at least some other implementations do.

<select ref="data">
<label>data</data>
<item>
<label>(None)</label>