Re: New Draft of DOM Level 3 Events Published

Hi Raman,

We dropped namespace prefixed event names from XML Events 2 a while
back, because we suspected this might happen. The last editors draft
says, in section 6, 'Naming Event Types' [1]:

  This specification does not normatively specify how language designers
  should name events (i.e., the values used in the event attribute).

  However, future versions of DOM Events are likely to allow namespaced
  event names, so language designers are advised not to use the colon
  character ":" in event names.

Regards,

Mark

[1] <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xml-events-20081223/#section-event-naming>