RE: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

OK, so is the conclusion that XHR is implementable only in HTML5 and should be re-titled "XMLHttpRequest in HTML5" or something similar?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonas Sicking [mailto:jonas@sicking.cc]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:14 PM
To: Klotz, Leigh
Cc: Boris Zbarsky; WebApps WG; Forms WG
Subject: Re: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

As Ian already has mentioned. No one is disputing that most of these things should be factored out of the HTML5 spec. But so far no one has stepped up to that task. Until someone does we'll have to live with the reality that these things are defined in the HTML5 spec and the
HTML5 spec alone.

/ Jonas