Re: First drafts of XPath functions module and Binding attributes module now done

Hi Mark,

Still not understanding the crux of the argument here.

The XForms XPath function library is a set of functions that can be used
with anything that supports XPath core... which is *required* to include
the core XPath functions.

Separate issue: I haven't called it the "XForms" XPath function module but
rather just "an" XPath function library.  Calling it the "XForms" library
has two problems.  First, that library isn't the complete set, but only
the base set that could be used across all modules of XForms.  Second, it
causes people to think they can only use the functions if they are doing
XForms.  I know I'm preaching to the preacher here, but I just wanted to
clarify for all consumers of this thread.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher