Re: New spec-ready text for select/select1 with value and copy

Hi Erik,

The non-destructiveness is in there, but it is perhaps as you say hidden
to well.

I had actually thought this might be your reaction, so how about this:  I
would actually like to take your bullet points and put them immediately
below in the implementation hints part of each section.  What do you think
of that?

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
10/31/2007 09:42 AM
Please respond to
ebruchez@orbeon.com

"Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Re: New spec-ready text for select/select1 with value and copy

John,

Sorry I could not get to this before you did.

One major thing seems to be missing, which is the mention that the
behavior of select is non-destructive (isue 89). I don't see this in
your text now (or if it is, it is hidden too well), and I think that
this should be made very explicit.

As a note, I think that surgical changes are good especially when
getting so close from CR, but the current result in my opinion is,
like the original 1.0 text, harder for somebody like me to understand
than an approach which tries to detail more precisely what should
happen, as I proposed to do.

-Erik

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#ui-selectMany

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#ui-selectOne