Re: Quick proposal: method="get" be default on submission element

It's a tough call.

Most of our use cases at Orbeon involve "post" (more rarely "put")
because that's how you can send out XML to services out there, and as
pointed out "get" handles name/value pairs only. Finally, for
compatibility with HTML forms' common use cases, another reasonable
default would be "form-data-post".

It doesn't seem that HTML forms have an actual default here, if I read
correctly:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#submit-format

So rather than having a non-obvious default, I am leaning towards
thinking that maybe we should simply not have a default and make/keep
the method attribute required.

-Erik

--
Erik Bruchez's Ponderings