Re: List discussion issue: Pruning empty nodes on url-encoded submission

In researching this, I discovered that the HTML4 spec does not require
an empty submission:

 From HTML 4.01 spec. 24 DEC 1999
17.13.2 Successful Controls
"If a control doesn't have a current value
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#current-value> when
the form is submitted, user agents are not required to treat it as a
successful control."

Only "successful controls" are submitted.

I think most (all?) browsers do submit empty control values, so I
propose that we should specify that (X)forms submissions _should_ submit
empty values in an attempt at paralleling the de facto HTML practice.

Thoughts?

Blake

--
Blake Jones