Re: The action items for issues 72 and 73

Hi Erik,

Probably best if I respond directly to your other email (the one for which
you gave the link below), because it is focused on the point of contention
you have.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
06/27/2007 12:47 PM
Please respond to
ebruchez@orbeon.com

public-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject

John Boyer wrote:

> In today's meeting it was expressed that retaining the ref attribute on
> output's mediatype for the sake of consistency with the expression of an

> upload that might feed content to the output was "not enough"
> justification.  Respectfully, I don't agree; we have had no small number

> of wraps on the knuckles for just such inconsistencies of expression,
> this point was made and resolved already at the face to face meeting,
> and no net new technical information exists to warrant reopening the
> issue.  It is clearly implementable, and consistency of expression has
> clearly been an issue for XForms in the past that we have done much work

> to improve.

I know we have a process, and if an issue was discussed at the f2f had a
resolution, then great. I couldn't be at the f2f, and that was not
because I didn't want to be there.

This is why I still kindly ask WG members to look at the email I just
sent on this topic:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0089.html

I argue in that email that adding @ref is in fact adding to
inconsistency. Yes it is, in a way, adding consistency with
xforms:upload, but in my mind this is misplaced consistency. Consistency
of the function of the attribute is in my opinion more important.

http://www.orbeon.com/