Re: Proposed Changes to Issue Tracking System

Hi Shane,

No problem at all!
They were suggestions to help us streamline, but the system is good and we
are grateful for it.

I am ashamed to admit I didn't spot the actual help file that is available
until after I sent the message.  So, I would only recommend putting a link
to it on the main page (http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/xforms-issues/) and
right next to the state drop-down.  For some reason, it has repeatedly
escaped my attention in that first paragraph.  I guess when one is going
quickly, one tends to scan the page and the "Create Bug Report" button
draws attention away from the help link in that paragraph.  Well, that's
only one guy's reaction.

On the plus side, we have ended up with pretty much the same
interpretation as is in the document, so my earlier email boils down to
just wanting the extra states: "Approved for Review" and "Needs Review"
(or perhaps "Ready for Review").  These seem like they would help
streamline the process, though I would reiterate that the system as-is is
good and we are getting great benefit from it.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
07/11/2007 08:20 AM

John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
cc
public-forms@w3.org
Subject
Re: Proposed Changes to Issue Tracking System

I am really buried this week and trying to go on holiday. I am not
blowing you off... well, yes I am.  I am putting this in my priority
queue for when I return on 23 July.